A pick-up attempt happens when a carrier arrives at the pickup location and is unable to receive the freight for reasons beyond his or her control.
We also charge a pick-up attempt for in-network local shipments if a carrier is en-route to a pick-up location or arrives at a pick-up location. This helps us to pay our verified carriers to cover last minute cancellations so we can continue to provide top-notch reliability for in-network shipments.
Some common reasons for missed pick-up include:
- Pick-up location hours was listed incorrectly
- Pick-up address was incorrect
- Nobody was available to receive carrier for pick-up, or the freight was not ready for pickup within 30 minutes of the carrier's arrival
- More freight is given than listed on BOL and carrier is unable to fit or would be prevented from taking additional pickups as a result
- A port is too congested for carrier to make the pickup in a timely manner
Pick-up attempts typically results in a delay of at least one day. Learn more about other types of shipment delays.
We charge a standard fee per local pick-up attempt. Fees for non-local shipments vary by carrier. Click here for a full list of our accessorial charges and pricing.