A pickup attempt happens when a driver arrives at the pickup location and is unable to receive the freight for reasons beyond his or her control. Some common reasons include:
- Pickup location hours was listed incorrectly
- Pickup address was incorrect
- Nobody was available to receive driver for pickup, or the freight was not ready for pickup within 30 minutes of the driver's arrival
- More freight is given than listed on BOL and driver is unable to fit or would be prevented from taking additional pickups as a result
- A port is too congested for driver to make the pickup in a timely manner
Pickup attempts typically results in a delay of at least one day. Learn more about other types of shipment delays.
We charge a standard fee per local pickup attempt. Fees for non-local shipments vary by carrier. Click here for a full list of our accessorial charges and pricing.